Health policy lifelong learner and award-winning health writer.
- Master’s degree in health policy from the London School of Economics and Political Science and a medical degree (MD) from University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timișoara.
- Professional certificate in Public Health Policy and Management at Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University (US) and in Health and Humanitarian Supply Chain Management at Georgia Tech (US).
Significant professional experience
- International expert in health systems strengthening working mainly in Central and Eastern European countries for the European Commission, the World Bank and other international and national institutions.
- Visiting Scholar and Guest Lecturer at Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University in Atlanta, United States [2018-2019]. Contributing Researcher for The Economist Intelligence Unit in London, U.K. [2015-2016].
- Interim Vice President of the Romanian National Agency for Medicines and Medical Devices and senior advisor to the Romanian Minister of Health .
- Junior medical doctor in the biggest Emergency Hospital in southern Romania [2006-2009].
Significant learning experiences
- Humphrey Fulbright Fellow in Public Health and Management (2018-2019)
- Eisenhower Fellow for Innovation (2014)
- Marshall Memorial Fellow (2012)
- Rosalynn Carter Fellow (2009)
Published author, health journalist.
Sunt specializat în domeniul politicilor de sănătate și scriu. Scriu mult.
În prezent, coordonez Observatorul Român de Sănătate alături de o echipă extraordinară și sunt membru în board-ul Alianței Europene de Sănătate Publică.
Am scris și colaborat cu HotNews.ro, Deutsche Welle, Viața Medicală, Dilema Veche, Digi 24, Foreign Policy. Am colaborat cu BBC, Freakonomics, NPR sau Al Jazeera.
Am absolvit Facultatea de Medicină din Timișoara și un masterat în politici de sănătate la London School of Economics and Political Science.